Sunday, September 27, 2026

SoTD 9/27/2026: I'd Do It Again - Gordon Lightfoot

As you may or may not have noticed, I haven't created a new monthly playlist for some time now, and it's largely due to being pretty busy as of late. In lieu of those, here is a new, low-effort feature for the website that I will add new instalments of whenever I feel like it: Song O' The Day. As the title suggests, I shall post a song that is on my mind for one reason or another on a given day. Maybe I will explain why from time to time. Maybe I won't. Fun!

Anyways, the inaugural pick is I'd Do It Again by Gordon Lightfoot, released in 1976. 


Why this particular tune? Well, I'm just listening to the album it comes from (Summertime Dream) on vinyl right now. I got a free copy of the recent-ish Rhino Reserve pressing, because it was technically "defective"-- there is a skip towards the end of the first track. That's it. Otherwise it sounds great. Hell, I've dealt with much worse and for more than zero dollars. Consider me grateful!

I chose this track because it's my personal favorite off of the record. And I'm saying that on the record. Wocka wocka.

You may come up with a more intricate reason as to why I chose this song yourself if this is unsatisfactory to you.

Anyways, like I mentioned before-- I've been sort of busy lately! I've been more productive, both at my paying job and in my creative pursuits. I recently organized a decades' worth of rough notes/bits 'n pieces of scripts (mostly for cartoons) that I'd like to make, and I've been re-igniting my passions for animation and writing in general,after depression put a big damper on all that the prior few years. So... hopefully, watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment